Suggestions for a rookie (Valley East - Sudbury area)

Dooops

Hello everyone.

My name is Marc and I am 30 years old. I have fished quite a bit all my life but it has always been with my father. He always took care of everything for me, which lures to bring, which spots to fish, which bait to use etc. I had to move away from Sudbury about 7 years ago where I lived in Toronto and then in Montreal. Now that I am back I have a few friends that like to go fishing.

Now here's the thing, we are pretty much rookies when it comes to fishing. My friend purchased a 14 foot boat with a 20 horsepower motor. My father also owns a boat, his is about 16 feet I think and it has a 30 horsepower boat. My brother has about the same thing but his motor is a 60 horsepower. So this is what I have have access to. So I know I won't be fishing a very large lakes with these smaller boats seeing how some of the larger lakes can become very dangerous in bad weather.

I prefer to fish/eat Walleye. however, I am willing to fish for trout, bass, pike etc. I currently live in valley-east and wanted to know if anyone knows of some good lakes for fishing in the area. By this I mean a lake where I can legally drive on public roads, launch a boat, park the truck and go fishing. I am willing to travel up to an hour or so out of Sudbury but obviously the closer the better if possible.

Also, if anyone has any websites where I can read up on...

1. learning how to fish (techniques etc)
  2. how to read a lake, make an educated guess as to where there should be some fish
  3. Which lures are best to use for what type of fish and what time of day etc.

Just anything where I can educate myself.