Pond Fishing?

eze76

Should i be lure fishing ?

so far ive been float fishing with worms and corn

but not alot of luck , some sunfish at times , but ive heard the ppl pull out carp and bass out of this pond at centennial park (if anyone knows where im talking about )

In the pond, take 2 approaches.

1) the float. worm set just off the bottom so it drifts and moves with the wind. If using corn have hook resting on bottom with a little slack to give a cat or carp time take the bait. Use a micro tube on a slip float gradually twitching it back to you. The rise and fall of that tube can be effective.

2) casting. Try a couple of varieties of spinnerbaits, twitch bait, popper, floating rapala, etc... Use both slow and fast retrieves to try and entice a surface strike. These are just standard tactics for working any shallow pond or pool.

I'm a big fan of just using a smaller hook (not too small) with a 1/3 of a worm (i like to hide all of the hook and knot except for the tip) and about 2 feet up two little weights. Then just cast, wait for it to sink a bit, and then reel in fairly slow!

Hope you have some good luck!

Edited by TC1OZ

I'm a big fan of just using a smaller hook (not too small) with a 1/3 of a worm (i like to hide all of the hook and knot except for the tip) and about 2 feet up two little weights. Then just cast, wait for it to sink a bit, and then reel in fairly slow!

Hope you have some good luck!

WOOOOOOOOH!!

Thats exactly what i do lol , its kinda an off and on thing tho , but still , its fun , tried lure fishing got a couple bites , but i tried it at the end of my trip so , didnt have alot of time

still fun day tho