Lake Temagami

doubleheader

Hi all

Planning a long weekend and considering a visit to Lake Temagami the end of August. I know it's a long drive for weekend but it's kind of a scouting trip for future longer stays. Just wondering what type of fishing we might be able to anticipate at that time of year. I guess we aren't too species particular but generally focus on walleyes. I haven't been able to locate much information on the net. Appreciate any input. Have a great weekend all.

walleye fishing is tough on temagami. lots of good fish running to 30"+ but temagami is huge and fish can hide anywhere. jigging at 25-40' with minnows or worms that late in season is normal. bass are hot and cold late summer their bellies are full of crayfish. its all rocky up there, weed beds are very rare. fish seem very weather sensitive and shut off easily. 50 million miles of shoreline to fish in the morning but topwater action is over quick. never caught a fish passed 9pm. big pike hang out in deep channels in the narrows between islands. white fish are scattered in large bays but we catch them trolling for pike and walleye. get the basic temagami map it highlights some fishing spots. i fish the south arm and the cross lake area is best. dont know anything about the north arm. surprising regular visits by the opp by the way, watch the booze!

Thanks alot for the response, very helpful and it pretty much fits what little I've been able to pull off the net. At this point I'm wondering if we might be better off looking elsewhere. We've been going to the west arm of Nipissing for years and are just trying to locate something new. Again, really appreciate your response and I hope to maybe hear other suggestions for places to go from others on the board.

If you're after walleye then most likely you might be better off looking at a different lake. West Arm or even Lady Evelyn comes to mind in that area. Temagami as stated has miles of water and bays to target and they all look like they would hold fish. I've been hitting that lake for 20+ years and still pretty much catch walleye at only a couple of spots. Bass on the other hand are all over. Pike are somewhere between Bass and Walleye for numbers. The back bays and certainly back lakes are you're best spots. I fish the north end and target bass and lakers. If I want to go walleye fishing we hit a few back lakes

I enjoy Temagami when I can get up there. Stop at "Dad" he has some maps with Walleye spots on them and they helped me. Seems you can be all by your self 1/2 hr before dark on a shoal and the last 10 min all these boats come in and the bite is on. Worm harnes and back trolling seems to be sucessful. I also hit South Bay for some lakers. I find it hard with the varying depths and manual riggers. I usually stay at Fylinson PP and there are usually lots of fisherman to talk to. I'm heading up next week to give it a shot.

RR