Shimano Stratic Fi reels

croixed

I'm in the market for a new spinning reel. Just wondering what everyone's opinion on them are. I have read that they are vastly improved over the previous version, and are similar in performance to last years Sustain.

Thanks for your input!

had my stradic 3000Fi now for almost 2 years now and i'm happy with it , i use it in some freezing winter days in the boat for Rainbows and it has never seized up on me , the drag is nice and smooth , the only thing that has ever happened to it was the little clicker on the inside of the spool broke and it wouldnt click anymore so i brought it to the store and they gave me a new spool from the counter , i got the 3000 cause of the higher line cap but its the same size reel body as the 2500

All in all im glad i bought it, its been a good reel

If you are gonna wait for a few months to buy the reel, get the new stradic that is coming out!

It has a black body with red as the second colour.

Looks much nicer and supposedly has quite a few improvements inside also.

The new stradic CI4 that was just announced at ICAST is a replacement for the lightweight Magnesium-bodied version of the Stradic, not the standard FI.

It's certainly sharp-looking, but it's going to cost more than the standard FI, which I doubt will go away anytime soon.

I have a few of the Stradic FI's. Most of them perform well, but one of my 1000-sized reels has a bail that doesn't open or close freely, even after getting some work done on it. Despite that, I like my 1000-sized reels a lot.

My 2500-sized reels work very well (although the bail arm doesn't seem to work quite as well as the previous FH version, with some occasional stickiness). It's something I can feel even when I close the bail manually, which is usually the case.

Still, I think overall, I wouldn't have a problem recommending the reel to anybody else who was considering a reel in that price range.

As an aside, LeBaron is currently offering 15% off on all Shimano rods and reels. I don't know how long the sale is on for (it says 3 days, but not which three), but it was in effect yesterday when I dropped by the store.