gulp alive minnows mini review

sandmann

I tried a pack of 2" gulp alive minnows and found that they work great. I also had real minnows and alternated between the two all day. I still say that real minnows work better but I was impressed by the gulp stuff. Mainly caught perch and LM bass.

i had moderate luck with 3" minnows. caught smallies, sheephead, used the tails for perch. fish seem to hold on longer than regular plastics, and they are quite resilient. leave it on the hook overnight though they harden to cement!

The first time we used them was last August, and had really productive weekend of fishing: that said, we tested them against live minnows as an experiment, and landed pretty much as many smallies with the leeches. It was impressive, for sure.

My brother and I were sight fishing whitefish in 25ft of water on simcoe last winter. I was using real minnows and he was using the gulp alive and he actually had more takers. Who knows if he had the real minnows his side of the hole could have still produced more fish but atleast we found out that they WORK !

Sure, I rig the leeches with a single hook through the head, no leader, usually on braid, and put a small split shot about 2 ft up from the rig. The idea for me is to get as natural a presentaion as I can. I'm going to try a really light jig head on the weekend, I think.

Edited by backbay

Can you guys share how are you hooking these berkley plastics?

What jig, hook is good for Berkely Alive Gulp?

What technique: troling, jiging, cast and recover/reel in?

Regards.

i usually drop shot them. leeches as well.