georgian bay penetang

scottydog

Hi all first time user and first post. Just wondering if anyone can point me to a good spot to fish. I have riggers for salmon/trout but if it's not a good time than what area for walleye bass or pike. I'm not looking for your best spots just general areas. It will be first time up there. I'm moving a buddy early tomorrow and might as well bring the boat. Lol

Hi all first time user and first post. Just wondering if anyone can point me to a good spot to fish. I have riggers for salmon/trout but if it's not a good time than what area for walleye bass or pike. I'm not looking for your best spots just general areas. It will be first time up there. I'm moving a buddy early tomorrow and might as well bring the boat. Lol

Its rather small, you can fish the whole bay in an afternoon, try everywhere and everything.

Also, if you plan on sticking around the site for a while, I would recommend making a Introduction topic, where you're from, what you fish for, etc... and throw in a couple pics, we eat pics up on this site, haha

Happy Fish'n :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the info. My name is Scott Cunningham I do plan on staying around for a while. While I'm not very good around a computer I will try and post if I get the chance to go fishing. It takes me a while to type all this in one letter at a time. As for pictures I don't have a digital camera nor would I know where to begin to put a picture on this site. I just got remarried in June of 08 and my fishing time has been cut into a tenth of what it was. I have 4 girls from 19 to 10 years old. I work 80 hours a week and bought a fixer upper Duh. I went ice fishing 3 times for the year on lake simcoe. I fish for everything except Muskie. My favourite fish is Steelhead/walleye but I really just love to fish and be out there on the water. This letter took me about a half hour to type but I think I'm getting better already. Ha Ha.

Welcome!! Up that way, you could fish Penetang Harbour or you could head up north to Beausoleil Bay in between Beausoleil Island and Roberts Island but you would need a good map marking the rocks and shoals of which there are a lot, there are tons of props and lower ends sitting on the bottom of Georgian Bay.