Fishing Superstitions

Twocoda

Some good chuckles here. Mine's a bit more serious.

We lost our son Rob a couple of years ago (25 yrs. old). He loved to fish ever since he was a little gaffer and never got to do enough of it.

Whenever my wife and I go fishing we always take a laminated picture of him and prop it up on the dashboard of the boat. We like to think he's led some nice fish onto the ends of our lines.

I hope this doesn't put a damper on the fun stuff here, but that's my superstition.

Not at all as far as I'm concerned...

I lost my daughter when she was 35...Oh my how she loved to fish !!!

We spread some of her ashes at her favorite spot to fish and I blew some into my tackle boxes so that she is always with me when I'm fishing... :)

Some good ones so far ! haha

Mine, whenever I go out, usually I have a tin of Skoal with me.... if the fish arent biting, Usually Ill throw a "Rally Dip" in. Half the time, I wont catch a fish still.... but I do catch a small BUZZZ :w00t::w00t:

I also hate catching a fish the first cast.... tends to be a slow night when that happens :wallbash:

Whats the deal with the Bananas ????????? :dunno:

Ok i'll bite ...

Whats with the banana thing... :dunno::dunno:

It just brings bad luck, whether related to fishing or not.

My buddy wanted to bring a couple banana's in my boat a couple weeks ago and I actually told him either eat them before we get on the boat, or leave them in the truck. He ate them before we went out. Now that I think of it I think it still brought us bad luck, well him more than me as I caught 2 pickerel (which we were targetting) and he didn't catch any. Meanwhile we were using the same bait, although he did catch other types of fish. Another thing, I lost alot of fish that day, atleast 5-6, some of which were nice ones. Could of just been a coinsidence but you never know. Funny aint it? Leave your bananas at home, and dont even think about them :lol: . Their not the greatest for you anyway, they take longer to digest.