Bay of Quinte help needed

CoolB

Hi all, I'll be fishing at the above mentioned area on Wednesday this week and I have no clue what I am in for. Does anyone have any insight of what sort of conditions to expect? Shallow and weedy, deep and rockey? Both? Am I near the walleye area or bass? I won't be venturing to far out either. What should I target to make for a fun day there?

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks all

Aaron

The immediate area around the ferry can be both deep and shallow and weedy as you fish closer to shore. In my past experience you should definitely catch perch quite easily, but Walleye you'll have to work for. Try the east shore line from the ferry if you don't want to venture far for Walleye. I've seen a few get pulled out there.

Just wondering what kind of fishing you'll be doing, deep and with planer boards? That's how we usually fish there. If so, use some Wally Divers, and if I remember correctly, the colours were Wonder Bread or Clown that produced for us.

Hope that helps.

Joey

The walleye bute is quite slow right now and a great many fishers are catching 12-14" eyes using the traditional summer method(Spinner and worm rig) The larger walleye are hiding and I think they're right in the weeds(which are really thick and up to the surface) It makes fishing them difficult and requires a GREAT deal of patience.

You can troll the weed lines on either side of The Reach, I would add a wire leader incase Mr Pike shows up.

Lotsa Luck

check out google map (picton, ontario)

The large bay on the north shore just west of the ferry landing is called mallory bay. There is usually good weedlines in there which will hold fish. troll the deeper weed edges with worm harness or if the wind is right just drift along the edges with jig and worm, casting into the pockets. The bay is split in 3's by 2 long point and off the end of each is some good structure to work. Anchor and cast and move around. The right half of the bay is shallower and is more bass water,

Wind will be your friend or enemy out here. If you've got a lake map it'll help out big time. The other spot if you can find it is right out front of the cement plant. It's called conger shoal and you can always muster up a few bass off of here. It's a bit hard to find if you don't know exactly where to head.