Generals/Bulls (OHL) so, I guess it's NF

MuskyBill

I've wanted to go to an OHL game for the longest time, it seems. I always say I'm going to go, but never seem to for some reason. Same goes for the AHL... :rolleyes:

This year, I've found a few different ways to enjoy hockey again. I've been working on my McDonald's set. You can tell too, just look at my waist.... :o I've eaten 10 sausage McMuffin's for 2.5 months now!

I still need 3 damn cards too.

Anyways, since I'm watching any hockey on TV I can find this season, I watched an Oshawa Generals/Peterborough Pete's game on Sportsnet earlier this season. The game ended 8-7!!

And the other thing I remember, is this kid John Tavares. Drafted by the Gens at 14, he was compared to another former General, some guy named Orr from Parry Sound.

He had a 4 point night that night. Anyways, something told me to finally go to a game.

Turns out, I've even been following the Gens & Tavares for a while now. The kids already got 100 goals in less then 2 seasons! I even paid to watch a live webcasts on the computer of the 2 road losses last week. If I wasn't already hooked, I am now.

I got 4 tickets last week for tonights game. Brother Mike, myself, Graham & his son John were goin' to a game!

The Bulls beat Oshawa last Wednesday night 5-1, in Belleville. Tyler Donati leads the league in points, & the Bulls are first in the division, with the Gens not too far behind, but last weeks loss hurt a bit. Donati factored in ALL 5 goals.

So, needless to say, tonights game meant a lot, to both teams with the playoffs not far off. Plus, Sportsnet was covering it nationally.

Here's the Gens cruiser outside the brand new facilty, General Motors Centre...

Gens001Small.jpg

Getting ready to drop the puck...

Gens002Small.jpg

The place was rammed! Almost 6000, sold right out, even SRO! Mike found 2 'Standing Room Only' tickets on top of a ledge.

Gens012Small.jpg

Some of the action...

Gens004Small.jpg

Gens005Small.jpg

Ain't it the truth...

Gens006Small.jpg

Gens took a 2-0 lead into the third period...

Gens013Small.jpg

Man, both goalies were outstanding. I might even say Lalonde for Belleville was better, because at times, Oshawa was really applying the pressure.

The fans really get involved, with giveaways, contests, trivia prizes & such. This was a group of 12-15 or so 7-10 year olds, who took off their shirts & waved them over their heads the whole game, & believe it or not, they didn't win "the wildest fan" award....

Gens014Small.jpg

We got our seats in this end knowing this was the end the Gens were shooting at 1st & 3rd periods, but go figure, they score twice in the second.... :rolleyes:

The action got s little fiesty in the third though...

Gens011Small.jpg

More action...

Gens010Small.jpg

The Gens added an empty netter with a minute to go, to seal a 3-0 victory. Man, the GM Centre gets loud... :o

Check out the Mills Pontiac sign..."the greatest wheels since that kid named Orr"...

Gens016Small.jpg

Finally, the postgame interview with John Tavares...

Gens019Small.jpg

Gens021Small.jpg

I still can't believe this cost a whole $15.50. What a great way to spend a few hours, & I can hardly wait to get to another game. You want action? SOG ended 46-34, for a total of 80 shots on goal!!

I just have to check my free Generals schedule/fridge magnet for the next game... :D

If you're in the same boat I was, on the fence about attending a game, I'm telling you now, GO, you won't regret it. OHL hockey rocks!

Edited by MuskyBill

wow nice shots..ive been following the ohl a bit, i find the juniors more exciting than the nhl. well it was a good game tavares and donati playes well..also lacasse was doing quite good tonight. excellent game , i think the next ohl game is next sunday cant wait

Great pics Bill. Haven't been to an OHL game this year yet. It's getting even harder, if that's possible, to get tickets for the Rangers here in Ktchener now that they have Downie. It's seems every game is sold out. Hope they can make a long run into the play-offs this year.