Mini Tourny

Maida_gc

Hey guys/gals, been a while hope you're well. I'm kicking off the opener this Saturday with a mini-tourney between some friends. Some good bragging rights on the line. Problem is, me and my partner are at a big disadvantage since we've never fished the lake we're going to: Dog Lake, Close to Kingston (Battersea?), and we're uber competitive so hoping someone on here may be able to assist.

The BEST thing I can find on the lake itself is this Google map I've searched for and copied myself. Internet research, limited, has led me to believe that there are some points on the northern edge, "Franks Points?" that could be good for Large Mouth? I've placed a black circle over those.

We're launching from the Ship Yards launch circled in Red.

There is an opening directly south east from the launch into another lake - not sure what that is, Cranberry?

Looking for anyone who could help lead me on the right track with lake advice or perhaps a few more circles to attempt to fish.

doglake.png

Thank you very much and may luck be with you this weekend.

yeah man its cranberry lake. u should be able to find bass in most bays and weedbeds in dog or any of the connecting lakes. even right in the shipyards by the stumps. there is no shortage of structure and u should be able to get a few at least over 3-4 lbs. i would be fishing dog this weekend if it werent for a bass tourney in another lake close by. good luck g