Shimano Warranty Centre in GTA

Golfisher

I broke one of my Shimano Compre rods on last week's fishing trip to Gowganda. It snapped while landing a six pound smallie (well, three and half, to be more accurate, but I can dream). I bought the rod a couple of years ago so the receipt is gone. My questions: Will Shimano still provide warranty coverage without the receipt? Is there a service centre in GTA where I can drop the rod off, or should I mail it in? Any charges? Thanks.

You will more than likely need to mail it in. I broke my compre and did not need a receipt. They will honour it because they offer lifetime warranty on the compre's, no questions asked, as long as the break looks like it was accidental and not intentional. They claim that they can tell by the angle it was broken. Your case is very valid so just tell them the truth. All they asked me to do is attach a note describing how I broke it. I believe their service centre is in peterborough.

I had a Berkley rod snap on the weekend in a similar way; took it back to Canadian Tire (with no receipt) where I bought it earlier this year..they exchanged it for a slightly better model no questions asked......thank you CT!

Good luck with your Shimano...........

there is a distrubution warehouse and I think also a warranty centre located in Peterborough....I actually put in the floor during construction.....you should be able to google some contact info.

I also recently learned that there is a shimano warranty centre in London....on Adelaide street right beside Angling Sports...I think Angling Sports either runs the centre or is affiliated somehow.

I know when buddy was trying to sell me a rod he mentioned that with Shimano if I ever break it I can walk in and out with a new one and they take care of it.

good luck with this, should work out for you.

Hope this helps, the Peterborough Centre has always been great to deal with, London would be my 1st stop now

Richard :Gonefishing: :Gonefishing: :Gonefishing: :Gonefishing:

Ess-Bee Sports

Satellite Service Center

427 Pido Road

Peterborough, Ontario

K9J 6X7

T: (705) 742-0372

F: (800) 619-9067

[email protected]

A. Aikman Sporting Goods & Repair

Satellite Service Center

3010 Novar Road