Beaverton perch Feb 9th

turtle

Rented one of Tim Hales huts again. Lots of fish around all day but mostly throwbacks. Lots count on how many caught (maybe 75-100) but only 4 11+in with a 13 in that I actually netted (seemed huge after the 6 inchers). Guys with a camera said bigger fish were around but spooky. Kept enough for a couple meals. Fish were not that cooperative, a number of foul hooked ones and lots of misses. Single minnow with # 10 hook, firetiger jigging rap and smallest meegs in perch with a small tube worked. 30 FOW with I guess a foot of ice. Snow (2 ft + with some drifts) on the ice for those considering walking or using ATVs without tracks or chains.

Turtle

Thanx for the report. I was out of Sibbald PP yesterday and had the same. Fished from 7:30 until 2. brought 14 home....none over 10.5. Probably iced over 100 perch. Tried from 10 FOW to about 22 FOW same results everywhere. About a foot of snow on the ice made it tough for walking. A 3 man MNR Posse came by on their snowmobiles at around 10:30AM and checked everyone for fish and there licenses. Never seen them on Simcoe on a weekday before. Good for them I say.