Early Father's Day Musky Fishing

gone_fishin

For a few weeks now my dad, brother and I have been planning a day out to the quinte area for Father's Day... that was supposed to be Friday... but when my dad came home from Philadelphia thursday night and he saw the pictures from the past week of Scugog Musky fishing, he quickly changed his mind about Quinte... He wanted to get his first musky!

unfortunately my dad didn't get his first musky... i guess he hasn't hit his 10,000th cast yet!!! it was the same story for my brother... he couldn't hook up with his first musky either. although i was able to land my 4th and 5th of the season.

a 31 incher to get the ball rolling...

DC209.jpg

DC210-1.jpg

then my first legal ski of the season... a 36 incher...

DC212.jpg

DC213-1.jpg

then my dad get's into a fish... a 10" perch on a mepps musky maribou spinner... that fish had balls!!! LOL.

DC215-1.jpg

both of my fish were caught on a bucktail spinnerbait.

Edited by gone_fishin

Hey man I was there today and all I got was a SKUNK! LOL, but on the other hand the wife and boy got alot of sunfish! Just curious, where did you land your big brutes? I launched from Grorvski's and went north to the washburn island.

i was also there... and also got a big skunko! I was fishing the west part of the lake closer to port perry .... is the east side better for fishing?

Btw.. that lake really has a police prescence on it.. i seen durham cops on the water from 10 am to 3 pm.

all i asked was ... is it the left side of the horse shoe or the right....

i dident ask which weed clump it was. :dunno:

explore the lake!!! doesn't matter what side you fish on... the lake is full of muskies! they're practically everywhere. Prime water would be 4-6 fow with cabbage and coontail weeds. find that and you'll find the skis!

that being said, me and a buddy went to a totally different part of the lake tonight and went 0 for 3 on the skis. 2 lost right at the boat and one further out which i didn't get to see clearly, but i'm sure it was 40+ inches.

Nice fish, and NICE HAT AND JERSEY , here comes a super bowl win for them

LOL. thanks bud. the Jersey was an early birthday present from my parents. my dad picked it up in Philly last week.

can't wait for the NFL to start back up! lookin forward to seeing Brady back in the line-up!

I've never been on the east side of the lake so thats why i was asking... both times i fished this lake was on the west side and i dident have much luck. Thanks for the tips Gone Fishin' ..i'll take them into consideration next time out.