Noob Fish Finder Question

ozaibak1

First of all, 14 MORE DAYS TILL BASS OPENER!!!!! :lol::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I wanted to pick up a new, better fish finder this year but the budget is quite tight, so I will be sticking to my crappy entry-level hummingbird. The problem with it is the suction cup really isn't an effective way of securing the transducer to the boat.

So my question is, is there a better way to secure the transducer than just the suction cup? I've heard that you can put it in a bucket of water, and the signal will go through the bottom of the boat, would this not work on an aluminum boat?

Or if anyone knows of any accessories that can secure the transducer to the boat better than the crappy suction cup, that would be great too. It falls off even going a few km/hr.

Thanks for any help.

Actually we have a portable humminbird and we put it in the 12 ft aluminum, back of the boat with a tad of water under the transducer and it works amazingly. Ehg and I have done this for years, it was his idea. this also allows you to save wear and tear on the transducer, this was our original reason for doing it because we had to write the company because the wire going to the transducer when bent to much stopped working.

Trust me it works through the aluminum with a bit of water underneath. We have trolled with it like this for 12 years