One more time

Well southern Ontario streams are about to get to warm to safely fish for trout. Got out one last time before I start hitting my northern spots. Water temp was 66. Fished my 7.5 foot 4 weight. No hatches coming off to speak of so I fished bow river buggers.

riverbuggerolive.gif

Managed to get several fat brookies around 12-13 inches. Kept one for supper. He was joined by a resident bow that I got that measured out at 15.5 inches. Gotta keep those bows out of my brooky rivers. I forgot the camera so the only shot I have is on the freezer just before I'm going to clean them. If your wondering why that brooky looks so fat he had TWO 5 inch chub in his belly. Suprized he wasnt in a food coma when my fly went by him.

RTBTFLYa.jpg

Heading up north on Tuesday. Report has come in Blackflies are out in full force so brookies are going to be on FIRE!!!! Cant wait hope to have a report for you when I get back.

Edited by Musky or Specks

Well southern Ontario streams are about to get to warm to safely fish for trout. Got out one last time before I start hitting my northern spots. Water temp was 66. Fished my 7.5 foot 4 weight. No hatches coming off to speak of so I fished bow river buggers.

riverbuggerolive.gif

Managed to get several fat brookies around 12-13 inches. Kept one for supper. He was joined by a resident bow that I got that measured out at 15.5 inches. Gotta keep those bows out of my brooky rivers. I forgot the camera so the only shot I have is on the freezer just before I'm going to clean them. If your wondering why that brooky looks so fat he had TWO 5 inch chub in his belly. Suprized he wasnt in a food coma when my fly went by him.

RTBTFLYa.jpg

Heading up north on Tuesday. Report has come in Blackflies are out in full force so brookies are going to be on FIRE!!!! Cant wait hope to have a report for you when I get back.

Say what?????

If "Well southern Ontario streams are about to get to warm to safely fish for trout", why would a trout worry about warm water?

If I were a "bow", I would worry more that I am not a brookie because some people think that "Gotta keep those bows out of my brooky rivers."

It appears that some fishers will do to bows as some people do to suckers in a trout stream.

But then, even if I were a brookie, I still must worry more about other things than being a bow in warm waters.

carp-starter

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/carp-starter/CnR.gif

Say what?????

If "Well southern Ontario streams are about to get to warm to safely fish for trout", why would a trout worry about warm water?

The streams that I fish are marginal waters and reach summer temps that are lethal for specks and put them under lot of stress so Id rather leave them alone.

If I were a "bow", I would worry more that I am not a brookie because some people think that "Gotta keep those bows out of my brooky rivers."

It appears that some fishers will do to bows as some people do to suckers in a trout stream.

As should be done when they are an invasive species encroaching on native fish habitat.

But then, even if I were a brookie, I still must worry more about other things than being a bow in warm waters.

Well you could only wish to be a brookie. Its still perfectly alright to keep the odd fish particularly when I released many more that were of the same size or a little better. I know the fishery can withstand the meager harvest that I took. The trout fed me and mine and that was my only brook trout Ive eaten this year.

carp-starter

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/carp-starter/CnR.gif

Dont push your morals on others I release WAY more than I keep you have no idea of the numbers of trophy brookies I release in a season or the amount of real conservation work I do or have done in the past.

That's a fat Brookie for sure. Once they decide to feed, there's no stopping them. A couple of examples that I have caught include one that had 26, 2 to 3 inch sticklebacks in it's belly and another had 13, 5 to 6 inch smelts inside of her.

Nice pics. Looks like it was a fun day.