`~grand river ~`

Hi every one`

im taking my friend and gf out on the Grand River tommorow morning for sunrise. were going to be launching the boat in dunville. My friend and i went out last night same spot, i didnt have much luck but he landed a silver bass.we were able to hook up my fishfinder, and i wrked great!, didnt help us with the catching part tho.

although there were about a dozen scools of fish in HUGE schools thought out the day, we were in about 14ft of water, and they were hanging out around 8 feet..... any idea what these schools whould be? any one know the area? if so what some good bait/ lure to use?

any help would be great... hopefully we will catch a couple and will post a report tommorow if so.

thanks all

Was out at the mouth today, one word says it all "sucked" counted over 22 boats and only seen about 12 perch caught. I am sure more were caught. Spoke with a local and got the " should have been here yesterday speech" LOL. Oh well thats fishing, better then work.

Todd.

Might see you out there tomorrow. I heard the walleye are at the dam...We usually pull up as close as we can and then drop anchor and jig away.... Get there earlyh as I am sure the word is out now and it will be very busy.

If you want to head out the Grand to the mouth there should be some good action in the mouth and into the main lake. Usually just east of the mouth in about 25 FOW the perch like to feed....

If you have a fair sized boat over 15' you could always try along shore westbound from the Grand in about 28 FOW right out to Tecumseh Reef. There should be some Perch feeding and you may even hook some walleye....

Topo Map of North shoreline from the Eastern Basin to Long Point

I apologize if this live is a rule breaker. If so, I will gladly remove it....

This will give you an idea on the waters around where you will be and their contours..

Good Luck and I am coming from Point Abino...May see you there.

Will

I've run either hot or cold at the dam. This time of year I always do real well just trolling a white Big O....errrr Spro :D.....through the holes below the dam and well past Fishmasters. Sometimes through the deep holes other times they're up on the shallow edges, my favourite part is you never really know what you've got until it's at the boat. Pickeral, whistletrout, channels even rainbows.

Alight.... went out sat AM. was in the grand from 600am until noon. it was a beautiful day to be on the water, but not to be fishing.

between the gf, my bud, and I, we pulled in maybe 8 fish, do we didnt get skunked, but no walleye. My gf lisa caught a PB catfish weighting in at about 4 1/2 pounds, and the rest were small cats and a few medium sheephead. where were all the walleye? some one told us it had to do with the full moon? sounds right, but i didnt think the moon was actually full on friday night.

anyways, will post pics of lisa's PB tonight, she had fun with it, cant say it wasnt fun for us either...

happy fishing,

Chow~