Argyle Lake Fishing Info

tmleafs26

Hey guys.

Wondering if anyone has any information on my fishing trip this summer. B)

I'm going up to Argyle Lake Lodge in August. Argyle Lake is in Matachewan, Ontario. Just west of Kirkland Lake (about 45 mins). Has anyone ever fished this lake? The lake has Pike, Pickerel, Smallies and Perch. Any tips on fishing the lake or any information is much appreciated. Or any info about the actual lodge.

Also if anyone has any info on any lakes/rivers/creeks in that area of Ontario, I'm all ears. I'd be willing to drive and explore the area if I can get into some native trout or some nice little lakes.

Thanks for the info.

:D

Peace

I've never been there, but it's a pretty small lake to support a fishing lodge. We went to Horshoe Island Camp on Mistinikon (close to Argyle). The fishing was ok, lots of water to explore and other parties were doing better than ours. I'd consider switching to Horseshoe if you could. I just worry that a lake that size, gets that many fisherman keeping fish, might make it tough fishing. But what do I know, Argyle could be great.

• 2 weeks later...

also to add to my first question.....

Does anyone have any good little back lakes, river or streams in that area they could recommend.

I'll be around the Matachewan Kirland Lake, Gowagana, Gogama, Shining Tree area...

Any info wold be much appreciated...

Thanks

Peace

In that neighbourhood...just about any back lake, river or stream should produce! Bust GoogleMaps, Virtual Earth SDK, or the Atlas of Canada Topo website...anything that you can access should be not bad...and anything you have to bust your butt to get into should be golden. :)

• 1 month later...

Just up the road from Mistinikon, you'll find a number of lakes including little & big Elmer. Haven't fished them much, but last May run we were fishing from shore and managed to get a 32.5" pickeral on Big Elmer. Supposedly, there are a number of big lakers in there too. Might be worth the short trip.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from a great week at ARgyle Lake Lodge.

Fishing started off great then cooled off a bit as the sunny and hot weather came in.

Caught Pike, Pickerel and Smallies.

Caught a PB smallie at 4 lbs. :D

All in all a great relaxing week.

If you're looking for a place to fish, swim, relax, this is it and its quite affordable too!

Peace