perch help

duxbware

Hello everyone,

Thinking of taking my son out for some perch action. I just got my first boat so I don't know where to go? Dunnville, Port Dover, long Point, Port Bruce........The list can go on. Once I am there do I just drive out and drop a minnow or is there a common land mark at the above places that everyone knows about ie light house, a barn on shore.....? I am new to the perch thing(in a boat) so any advice would help. I am not asking for you hot spots just a place to start so I can do the work and find MY hot spots.

Thanks

Todd.

If you drop your boat in at Dover head east about a half mile out from the grain elevator. You'll probably see other boats. There's a weedbed and small hump in the area that holds them. West of Dover off the pumphouse can be good too. Or just go randomly and watch the fish finder for signs of life. Often they just roam the beaches out there. South of the pier about 200' from the west side (where the tourists walk) there is remnants of the old pier. I hear of people doing well there, personally I've only caught the odd pike, sheephead and rock bass in that spot though.

Oh yes minnow over the side of the boat is best 90% of the time.

Edited by Rich