Perch Report

profisher25

My dad and I decided to head up to the 'BOG' for some early morning Perchin'. Subsequent to our arrival, we unpacked and hit the water. The morning started off on a quite windy and cold note. Fortunately, the sun managed to break through the overcast sky, thus offering us perfect fishing conditions. I started off by using the classic bobber and worm set up. Only a few minutes into our trip, and I managed to land 3 bluegill and 1 pumpkinseed. Big deal. :rolleyes: My dad wasn't having much luck, and decided to leave for a bit and walk around while I continued to fish. Shortly, I switched to my panfish rig and hooked into more panfish, but still NO PERCH!!!! :wallbash: A few hours have gone by, and my worm jar is almost done. Thankfully, someone was so gracious enough to leave behind a few minnows, which I ended up using... obviously. I hooked into a small 3" perch. Not bad for a few hours of fishing.... wrong. With the sun shining, I could see a whole school of perch swimming around my bait. :angry: I switched up my lure, and cast. After a few nibbles, it hit! Down goes my bobber, and of course, I'm caught off guard. :P I reeled in a nice 6 1/2" perch. :D My dad ran over and saw my catch and decided he'd give it another go. Yet another strike, I reel in a decet sized perch.... unfortunately though, my hook got tangled up with my dad's line, and the perch fell back in. :wallbash: Oh well, you win some, you lose some in the game of fishing. Finally I ended the day with a nice 7" perch. :thumbsup_anim: My dad may have been unlucky, but I was lucky enough to catch 13 different panfish, and 3 perch..... but who's counting? :lol: Yet another great day of fishing under my belt!

3 of the 13 different panfish I caught

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

3" Perch

DSC01154.jpg

6 1/2" Perch

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

7" Perch

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

Edited by Profisher25

Woo Hoo! Nice job buddy, we'll have to get out there next weekend if your up for it. :rolleyes:

Great Report,

MTBF

Yea man, for sure!, I talked to my dad about it, and he said we'll see closer to the end of the week! Ill keep you posted throughout the week though! :)