Lake of the Ozarks Report

Banger68

I recently had the opportunity to go down to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. I know … it’s not Ontario, but thought you might enjoy the report anyways.

A buddy of mine has a place on the lake and asked me if I wanted to try Bass spawn fishing … sure!!! Well, a cold front went through the week before and I missed by probably a week and the fish were just starting to come into the shallows. So it was a search for warmer water. It was sunny and real windy so we started fishing the back of the coves on the downwind side … success!

I was throwing a wacky rigged Senko and my buddy was throwing white spinner baits. He starting the morning with a 5lber in the 1st 5min ... look like it was going to be a good day. He was catching 3 fish to my one so I thought I would make the switch. My second cast, the line started coming towards me faster then I was reeling so I set the hook … got one! My friend asks me if it’s a decent one. I start to answer “ I think s… Holy crap! She hit the top of the water and took off. “yeah …it’s a good one.

P1020321small.JPG

P1020319small.JPG

She was 7lbs on the button. I put her back in and we eagerly went searching for more.

There was a tournament on the lake that weekend (tons of them down there) so we we started to keep a track of our catch.

P1020331small.JPG

He checked after I went home .... looks like we could of won.

We caught over 80 fish in 4 days, with many over 4lbs. Made for quite the trip.

I'll also attach a few pics of around the lake. This lake is packed with houses and boats ... big boats! The lake in the summer gets so rough from boat traffic it drives boats under 17' off the lake. You have to see it to beleive it.