drop-shotting live Minnows for Pike?

MSBruno

If you want to use minnows and catch pike at the same time i would suggest a float of some kind.

You dont want your bait to be down at the bottom when catching pike, all you`ll get into would be catfish.

Good luck

If you want to use minnows and catch pike at the same time i would suggest a float of some kind.

You dont want your bait to be down at the bottom when catching pike, all you`ll get into would be catfish.

Good luck

I disagree with that, although a dropshot is probably not your best bet either based on the rigging method

Yep, live minnows under a float can be a blast, once though we had a half pail of dead and dying minnows left over so we lip hooked them on jigs and worked rocky points that dropped off into deeper water. Pike after Pike and some sweet Smallmouth as well crushed 'em. Lake Muskoka has never been the same since!

If the float does not work just release the minow without the float, but in this case you have to watch the line.

You have to feel it with you fingers. Usualy the minow try to hide into vegetation or go for the botom.

If vegetation is abundand and you are on shore I will not recomend the aproach.

If the minow is dead you have to do the presentation (jiging) or cast and recover.

I like to use both tehnniques depending on the structure. Works for me for: PK, LM, SM.