Goin' Fishin 2morrow @ the Causeway...

rbaquial

Hey OFC'ers,

A buddy and myself are planning on going fishing tomorrow @ Port Perry's Causeway... Was just wondering what can we expect to catch around that area? (mainly, for this time of year)

This is my 1st time to ever fish there - so I thought I'd ask others who has had experience fishing there....

I was planning on bringing some FROZEN DEAD BAITS (Sardines and Minnows)... and a few Jerkbaits. (in hopes for some PIKE!)

What other baits/lures should I bring? What can you suggest?

Any/all input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

RoB

PS: Hopefully we'll be coming back with an awesome fishing report....

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

There should be plenty of perch there. Bring some micro tubes and grubs and maybe a slip for those. Walleye can be there this time of year, so try some 3" grubs tipped with worms, bucktails and small jerkbaits like countdowns and shallow diving husky jerks.

Good luck.

No Pike in Scugog, found out last year that big old musky were in there lol. I went there on Saturday and caught some small perch, probably your best bet until dark when you can target walleye.

Good luck,

Be sure to make us a report!

Yeah, I saw your recent report MTBF - The perch are pretty tiny; or was that just "stroke of luck"? How big do the perch get there?

I'm asking - also because its a tie of either hitting SIMCOE or SCUGOG.

Separate question to everyone....

Which place would most of you guys/girls out there hit - if you had either option??

Yeah, I saw your recent report MTBF - The perch are pretty tiny; or was that just "stroke of luck"? How big do the perch get there?

Was also wondering about the CRAPPIE - Do they get large there?

Which place would most of you guys/girls out there hit - if you had either option??

Not sure, last year i was catching 9-12" perch at the causeway like a few every hour witch isn't that bad, using smaller live baits like worms or minnows will work. I didn't go to the bigger part just the first little spot.

Good luck on your choice!

The crappie get big in Scugog. I caught one last year that was 13".

13crappie.jpg

I'm sure they get bigger, maybe up to 16".

NICELY DONE!! :D I wonder if we'd have just as much luck - but from shore? (@ the Causeway)

Agreed. Less people (although there will still be crowds) and deeper water closer to shore.

I thought that launch was off limits. Its been a few years but I was pretty sure there was a "No Fishing" sign there... I could be wrong as its been almost 10 years since I've fished there.

You could also go another 5 min and try off the dock at Caesarea, bobbers with minnows. There is a bait store just across the causeway.

Good luck.

Sorry about this. Just saw the previous post. The last time I was there I did not see any signs.

Edited by davew3

Even if the signs are there, there's always people shore fishing there, so I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

that is very true... I'm going to outright say it.. I'm Asian and I don't need to re-enforce the stereotype. The lake is big enough that I can find little honey holes from shore. I've asked a couple buddies that have cottages there to see if they know but they have never really noticed it. One way to find out... I'm going to head over there one of these weeks and I'll post my findings.