Port Parry Perch Report

Profisher25 and I were out this morning in search for some perch. We fished the causeway at Lake Scugog and had some decent success, no giant fish but some nice little perch to get our seasons started off. Luca and I were using a variety of baits but what seemed to work best were worms under a float and small 2" minnows on small hooks with split shot. We fished these setups mainly off to the sides of the current. Wasn't long before Luca caught the first 3 perch then i caught 3 with our biggest being a wee little 7" perch. Not to bad i guess but hey there's pleanty of more opportunities to get out fishing.

fish #1

100_0667.jpg

fish #2

100_0672.jpg

fish#3

ScreenHunter_02May161604.jpg

fish#4 (the big one :P )

ScreenHunter_05May161605.jpg

fish#5

ScreenHunter_06May161605.jpg

And last fish#6

ScreenHunter_07May161606.jpg

After fishing the causeway we made our way to the main dock in town where i met another OFC'r, fish-miester. We fished and had a chat there for a little bit then a Conservation Officer showed up, asked for licenses and off he went. Was good to see a CO out patrolling the area.

Before i went home I took a picture of some geese that were not impressed to see me and i did that neat shot with my rod again:

ScreenHunter_09May161606.jpg

ScreenHunter_08May161606.jpg

All said, we had a great day out fishing and we can't wait to get out and do it again!

MTBF

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher