the humber river

laszlo

has anyone had any luck fishing the humber (north of bolton) for brown trout or anything

other than chub?

i live on the humber ravine in etobicoke (by woodbine race track) and can't believe how nasty the water is here.

an article from the star mentions how industrial companies just north of the city have had over

700 chemical spills and over 900 oils spills in the last 7 years.

the water north of bolton looks great! i caught a ton of chub but am hoping to land some trout or even sucker.

any insight to either of these topics would be great.

thanks

laszlo

Yep, Trout can be found anywhere north of Bolton. The river doesn't have enough flow and depth to be a really great Trout stream but they are present and there's even the odd monster Brown to be had but they don't get big by being easy to catch!

there goes that fishery :wallbash:

Huh??? It's pretty safe to say that no secrets were divulged in this post and any specifics were discussed via PM. BTW most headwater areas of Great Lakes tributaries contain Trout...oops there goes those fisheries. <_<

Edited by wallacio

The humber river is one of those rivers i am about 5 minutes away from. They stock it annually and theres soppose to be lots of browns. I have personally flyfished it many times with some success but its a tricky river. The fish are very spooky. Flyfishing is advised. These fish are picky and you have to sneek up on em. There is tons of access to explore the river. Thats the good thing. I fish from a little bit north of bolton all the way to highway 9. I also no a shop which guides the river. I dont fish near bolton because the water is warmer and its loaded with chub. When I mean loaded i mean loaded. You pust a worm out for 5 seconds and an 8 inch chub comes by and eats it, although its great for kids. I have caught chub as big as 14 inches! This river has plenty to offer but i am kinda like you who is trying to learn and catch fish in this river because am so close to it. It would be nice to catch fish just from walking there, but not interested in keeping them because i want to help keep the fishery safe. Also there are defintley some monsters in there. I am also curios if people on the board have actually caught some of these trout, thanks.

Bill