My First Ice Fishing Trip and first report!

~CK~

Well Raf took me to up Six Mile Lake with DipLip and some friends this past wknd.. I finally got to get out on the ice for the first time, but all I got was one tiny baby perch! LOL! He was so small I didn't even know he was on the end of my line until I "gave up" and reeled 'er in.. poor thing got hooked in the gill and must have been hanging there for a while because the constant nibbles I had been feeling stopped for about 10 minutes.. I guess seeing a perch suspended vertically scared the rest away hehe.. OOPS! :P

Well, at least I got out. It was a good wknd, except for the FOOT AND A HALF of SNOW that fell overnight!! The boys had to dig out the trucks on Sunday and it took all day.. then the owner of the cottage had a flat tire so we had to wait for CAA to come get him.. but we all made it back alive and well, if not a little worse for the wear. Good food, lots of beer, and a few good people made it all worth while for me. I'm happy I walked across a frozen lake and survived! :D

Can't wait to do it again... um, let's just pay attention to the weather report next time though, ok boys? :rolleyes:

PS- I took some great pics of the snow, maybe Raf can add them later. B)