Ice Out Pike From Shore...good to go by Monday

Hi All,

Well, it sees like ages but its only just over 2 weeks since i was fishing, ice out on our lake was not complete untill May 10 last year.....but like they say "a watched pot never boils" or should i say A watched lake never melts....lol.

Its pretty good though now, although its been pretty cold here the last week....was snowing last 3 days....wind and temps are due to be up these nextfew days and that means i reckon i'll have enough water to shore fish for some big pike by monday.

ITS GOING!!!!!

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

I've still got work to do getting the boat ready, parts ordered etc...etc...so its kinda good the ice is there....otherwise the temptation to set sail before i was shipshape would be too great.

I'm even preping the wee lad for his maiden voyage....got him a mini PFD yesterday, lol....he was not too sure at first...but he had a goofy grin on his face by the end of the fitting :)

BORN TO FISH!

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

Glad to see your starting to get some soft water Simon. And WTG on the PFD those pics are great :D

You should have enough time before ice out to rig up a car seat in the boat B)

Lol....i'm already on it....just need to istall my new trolling motor before i do though...so its not banging on poor bubas head up the front deck....lol.

That is real good news Simon :thumbsup_anim:

The ice looks thin now with being real dark on top and won't be long until you'll be able to sail on soft water!!!

I know that you've been itching for some time now and can't wait to see your first report this soft water season.

Keep us posted of the ice condition :)

Jacques