Six Mile Lake Boat Launch / Bait Shop

bassman

Hey gang,

I'm staying on the east side of Six Mile Lake in a few weeks, and I wanted to see if there are any boat launches on the east side of the lake (Hungry Bay Road). If not, where are the launches?

I did notice a bait shop in Bala. Are there any bait shops closer to the lake?

It's my first time there and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nearest, and expensive, bait shop is on hwy#12 just east of the 400. As I recall, both Wauwatosa (Tolles)and 6 Mile (White's) marinas have pay launches. Hungry Bay is near middle to both.

Wauwatosa is on Crooked Bay Rd. 6 Mile is on same offramp as provincial park

Edited by bigugli

I peeked around on Google Earth and see a landing and numerous docks on Hungry (presume a launch there?).. on the West side of it's Northern Bay. Access would be the road off the 400 after 6mile PPark (when heading North).. in on it and then south down the road on the Pennisula in the middle of the lake.

Edited by irishfield

I peeked around on Google Earth and see a landing and numerous docks on Hungry (presume a launch there?).. on the West side of it's Northern Bay. Access would be the road off the 400 after 6mile PPark (when heading North).. in on it and then south down the road on the Pennisula in the middle of the lake.

That's a community dock and private . Got chased outta there 3 years back. There used to be a public launch on Crooked Bay, but it got sold off.

Edited by bigugli