Kennisis Lake

Busher

Can anyone offer any tips and tricks for catching lake trout in Kennisis Lake? I'm sure it has everything to do with my fishing abilities but I sent almost 24hrs this past week trolling the lake with no luck whatsoever.

I'm starting to think there aren't any fish in the lake!!

Busher, do you have the hydrographic chart of the lake? There are s number of humps that you should try trolling over.

Are you using downriggers or copper line to get the bait right down to the proper depth?

Williams Woblers are usually a sure thing for lakers.

This time of year, on Kennisis or other area lakes, there is no need for a downrigger or copper line (actually, there never is, but that's another discussion ;) ). Lakers and specks are shallow right now and can be caught in as little as 5' of water. If you need to troll deeper than that, a diving crank or some weight on your line will get you plenty deep enough for this time of year. I had a 3 trout day on Kennisis about 10 days ago. All were caught casting close to shore in less than 10' of water.

As I told you before on this lake you need electronics to be sucessful (50%) of your outings or like the post below, you know the lake very well from prior sucess, this is a large lake. Again no pictures either as lake trout

here are small. When you find the fish on an overcast day you can fish as shallow as (8-10)feet because drop

off points can be as much as (72)feet only (10)feet from shore.