No More Crayfish?

cantermore

They are still legal bait, just can't commercialy harvest or sell them.

I prefer the plastics as well...never had any issues with the real deal until a small "incedent" while walking the boat through some shallow water this year.....lets just say I suddenly realized the rock in my sandal was not a rock LOL

The Little my mom hates me hurt...

Yeah, i've also moved over to plastics myself - it's nice not having to keep anything alive , BUT from time to time I like to use the real deal - especially if I've got some first timers with me. They're easy to find and catch at night with a flashlight, or you can just bait a minnow trap with a few dead minnows, in an area that's well known to hold a lot of crayfish and within a night or two you'll have more than what you need.

Good Luck

UF

I used to make traps for them out of 2 liter bottles. Just cut the tops off the bottles where it starts to bend and invert that section back into the bottle. Cut some holes into the bottles lower section and put some rocks into it to weigh it down. Bait it with fish guts or a head of something and you're set to go.

The Crayfish will be able to crawl into the hole but not find their way out. Just remember to write your name and stuff on the bottle when you leave it.

FHR

I used to catch tons of them just by a net and rubber boots. Where? Grenadier Pond. :thumbsup_anim:

Walk into the pond with rubbers and place my net behind a rock the same side I would be lifting up the crayfish would just dart out straight into my net. :D We had some huge ones. Most were infested with parasites and worms but they were still healthy.

I also have crank bait that looks like a crayfish. Actually have 4.

:santa: