Rice Lake

pj mott

Good morning, I am a new member and go by the name kernal. I would like to go to rice lake next summer for some serious fishing and am looking for a more adult fishing camp on the lake. I am certainly not anti children but even grandpa needs a vacation. A camp that would accommodate 10 to 12 people would be fine. Thank you very much and am looking fordward to hearing from you.

the kernal

Welcome aboard the kernal. Here is a website of all the resorts on Rice Lake: http://www.ricelakecanada.com/A_WEBPAGES/resortsmap.html.

The places I have stayed at, Pleasant View Camp(gone now), Whispering Pines and Tower Manor Lodge, were all great places. I am sure if you book in advance you would have no problem for accomodations. I found there were more kids at Tower Manor than the others though. I am sure you will get enough hits on this thread, as Rice Lake is a pretty popular spot. Btw, the replies to this thread might be alittle slow this weekend as alot of OFC's are at BOQ, so hang in there.

Edited by Hooked

Do a search on Rice Lake. there are alot of accomadations for sure. You may want to look into private cottages for rent. This may be a better option and reduce the chance of having any children nearby. Look also on thye Otanabee river for accomadations. depending on the boat you have if Rice is too rough you can still fish in the river with no problems at all.

Most of the resorts around Rice Lake are good for family vacation. As you said you don't really kids around, it will be hard for cottages. I too will recommand you to search for private cottages. Those are more "isolated" from the kids (except if they had tons of kids next door).