kingston fishing

boddah

At the Causeway, I think you can still fish the City side (West) and the small piece of land at the foot of the bridge (again City side) on the left.

As for the Hydro Plant comment, you never know what you'll catch there is right. :)

Another popular spot is the train bridge area near Dupont (Invista) on Bath Road.

Good luck.

Paul

I've fished the city side of the causeway many times and never had any problems, but it's usually later at night. Never fished at the hydro plant, but I believe they will give you the boot for trespassing, heard of this happening to many people. Right now I would suggest taking a little drive North on Division St. Past the 401 untill you get to Kingston mills rd. only a couple km's. Take a left and drive down until you get to the locks. If you park in the parking lot, you can either go down below the locks and catch some panfish, or cross over the locks and head back towards the road, there is a walking path that will take you down by the generator station. Nice little pool in there with lots of flowing water. Have caught tons of perch/crappie/sucker and bass and pike when they are open. I never target carp but I sure do see a lot of big bruisers cruising threw there. Also have been told and seen pictures of salmon running there in the fall, not sure if the rainbows make the same run in the spring but you never know.

I've fished the city side of the causeway many times and never had any problems, but it's usually later at night. Never fished at the hydro plant, but I believe they will give you the boot for trespassing, heard of this happening to many people. Right now I would suggest taking a little drive North on Division St. Past the 401 untill you get to Kingston mills rd. only a couple km's. Take a left and drive down until you get to the locks. If you park in the parking lot, you can either go down below the locks and catch some panfish, or cross over the locks and head back towards the road, there is a walking path that will take you down by the generator station. Nice little pool in there with lots of flowing water. Have caught tons of perch/crappie/sucker and bass and pike when they are open. I never target carp but I sure do see a lot of big bruisers cruising threw there. Also have been told and seen pictures of salmon running there in the fall, not sure if the rainbows make the same run in the spring but you never know.

carp next to the inlet for the 'holding pond" above the generator .

This is in the river proper .

Caught a scale there once LOL!

tb

carp next to the inlet for the 'holding pond" above the generator .

This is in the river proper .

Caught a scale there once LOL!

tb

That's where I caugh my first carp, unintentionally, on a four pound line fishing for panfish. One of the best and longest fights I ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

tried to google map kinston mills rd and cant see this rd north on division past 401

I've only fished from the church once and it was for bass/pike. Its a pretty shallow/weedy bay, and have caught fair sized cats on the opposite side near the marina, but from a boat. I would imagine there are carp in there at some point throughout the year. If you drove out bath Rd. to get to the church form downtown you would have passed an area of open water directly on your left jsut before getting to collins bay road. There is an overpass that you drive over might not even have realized it, that leads to a small pond on the opposite side of the train tracks that run paraellel to bath. There are for sure, carp in that pond during the right time of year as my friend and I would watch them surfacing when we were young.

If you have enough time, take a 1.5 hour drive east to the Long Sault Parkway. There is potential for record carp on every cast, again never caught them, but haven't targeted them either. Have spent enough time in that area to know they are there and it is an incredible fishery. (getting hooked did an episode around there a while back and you can probably get it online)

good luck and report back to us!