Walleye Run

fisherman7

Dear Fishing Buds - today I went to see the walleye spawning run at the place we don't like to name. It was quite a sight. There were some huge ones. I watched one particular male walleye, lets call him Wally romancing a female walleye - let's call her Wanda. Wally really looked like he had a shot. He swam downstream, picked up some flowers and carried them in his mouth to Wanda. She seemed quite taken with the gesture and she looked like she was going to give Wally a shot when outta nowhere comes this idiot Walter the walleye in his BMW and Wanda just jumped in a took off. Poor Wally. Better luck next year buddy!

Seriously, only saw a few up close. Some out farther but there was so much water coming over the dam. Never seen it so fast. Probably good in a few days if we don't get rain.

Dear Fishing Buds - today I went to see the walleye spawning run at the place we don't like to name. It was quite a sight. There were some huge ones. I watched one particular male walleye, lets call him Wally romancing a female walleye - let's call her Wanda. Wally really looked like he had a shot. He swam downstream, picked up some flowers and carried them in his mouth to Wanda. She seemed quite taken with the gesture and she looked like she was going to give Wally a shot when outta nowhere comes this idiot Walter the walleye in his BMW and Wanda just jumped in a took off. Poor Wally. Better luck next year buddy!

Seriously, only saw a few up close. Some out farther but there was so much water coming over the dam. Never seen it so fast. Probably good in a few days if we don't get rain.

so does that make Wanda a WILF? (and the f is for fish you sickos...lol)

Guest steel'n'esox

Happens to me all the time in the reel world, nice to see it happens in the fishes world as well, they usually tell me I fish too much, I say sooo long ;)

I live on Scugog and the water is still too cold...maybe a week from now you will see the "eyes" move into the "backcountry"....the canals off to the side of the Hwy and start their annual ritual.

We do have a bunch of eyes that stay in the Lake and do their thing on some gravel shoals...weird eh?