Epic Steelhead...nothing but net!

Bly

To answer the "fish ladder" question. They are really expensive to put in. Some i know have cost around the million dollar mark. Volunteers and elbow grease are a lot cheaper and the results are the same. Fish get upstream.

-Dave

Fish Ladder question.

Here are some problems to solve before they go ahead with any change to the structure. The dam is on private property, it's a heritage site, silt concerns from the pond above, environmental concerns about disturbing the stream bed, money, money, money, & red tape.

It would be great to see this dam upgraded but these are just some of the problems to overcome. Hopefully somebody takes the lead on this project before the dam gives up.

Thanks to all who came out to volunteer, watch, and enjoy a nice sunny day in Cobourg. The target number was two hundred fish over and we put 204. There was still lots of fish left in the pool. Seemed to be about 60% females over but I haven't heard the final count yet. After running the net line at the bottom all morning, I'm still drying out. :)