New Merc outboards

jigger08

I have a 2007 Merc 50 2-stroke and have had not a problem and am very happy with the motor for the price (so far).I like the fact of more power with less wieght.It will troll all day and not load up or even hick-up.Good luck with your choice.

Under 3000.00$ is it stolen?

I recently priced them out 30hp Merc tiller short shaft electric /electric ...4375$ -1200.00 trade in on 1998 30hp evinrude.

30hp Evinrude E-Tec Tillers short shaft /electric/electric...5350$ -1100.00$ trade in

You're getting a great deal

I purchased a 30 hp merc long shaft with electric start last summer. I got mine at a marina in North Bay for $2700.00. Still in the crate. They pulled it out, assembled it, greased it, ran it for a half hour and I drove away with it. It included a gas tank and hose of course. They had about fifteen of them. A camp operator could get them for $2300. They were about $2000 less than a 4 stroke. It was a no brainer. The motor of course runs well. It comes with all the paperwork. I'll track down the name of the marina and post it shortly.

Dude, now your talking my language! Ive got a 2 stroke 25 hp Merc and its been the best motor Ive ever had. Absolutely no problems in 4 years and I run that motor year round. I mean year round! Spring, summer, fall, winter. November, December, and March on the Niagara River. Dependable, no probs what so ever. Simple design, easy to use and it starts every time and easy and cheap to maintain. These days guys are raving about 4 strokes, about how quiet they are and this and that. OK , but if you want a cheap motor that is easy to maintain and dependable I can recommend a Merc 2 stroke. Good luck and good fishin to ya!

well I debated this in my mind could have bought a 25hp 2 stroke Merc for $2600 or a Yamaha for 25hp 2 stroke for $3083 but the Yamaha came with 2 years of warranty vs 1 on the merc, plus all the good I heard of Yamaha I went with it. From what I heard Mercury production went over seas a couple of years ago and some dealers told me they are not the motor they once were but I don't know, I guess time will tell weather I made the right choice.