Rapala R Type rods?

nodie

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you guys have used the Rapala R type Rods recently? How are they performing?

They're pretty dam light for a $80 rod. Now if they will last? That's another question...

Looking for feedback!

Thanks,

Nod

really nice rods. i know a guy on their pro staff who uses them. he switched from st croix and uses on rapala rods now. seen him catch panfish, bass, walleye, pike, muskie, channel catfish and even sturgeon on them!

I heard great things from a buddy that got his hands on some early. He works for Rap but uses exclusively st croix rods until now

Is this the same guy as Ugly was mentioning? I looked at them in La Baron and the selection seems a little shy (in the catalogue at least). I was looking for a new Walleye rig and didn't think anything in that line matched up to what I thought I wanted (a 6'6" med. light, fast action). I finished up with the St. Croix (I cheaped out and bought the Triumph and do feel bad for not supporting NA manufacturing).

Jim

Is this the same guy as Ugly was mentioning? I looked at them in La Baron and the selection seems a little shy (in the catalogue at least). I was looking for a new Walleye rig and didn't think anything in that line matched up to what I thought I wanted (a 6'6" med. light, fast action). I finished up with the St. Croix (I cheaped out and bought the Triumph and do feel bad for not supporting NA manufacturing).

Jim

Nope the guy im talkin about is no pro staffer, just a lowly shipment guy thats dead serious about his fishing. For example he will beat me to the river this morning...and look at the time!

The new Rapala stuff coming out does look really good quality wise...R-Type included.

I think Rapala is trying to break into the rod market by looking at their prices...I think the other higher-end rod companies are not going to be too pleased with the new competition ;)

I've had 2 rapala rods for about 3 years now, one broke the first season I got it when I was pike fishing and didn't notice the swivel attached to the leader got wrapped around the tip of the rod when a pike was in the net. The other has been a great rod for the last 3 years. I got them both at Walmart in a clearance bin and had never heard of them before but the price was better than right so I got 2 of them. I also have a Rapala trolling rod which I got at Lebarons and haven't used it a lot yet but it has caught me a few rainbows out on lake Erie last year.

jjcanoe