walleye opener

tater23

Can't say, as I've never fished pigeon specifically. My favourite spring walleye techniques are jerkbaits (like x-raps, husky jerks) tossed around weed clumps with access to deep water, and trolling floating rapalas.

PErhaps some of the experienced anglers on here will provide you with more feedback on what works well on Pigeon :)

pigeon? fished it before..not on opener but a week or two after..i used mostly jigs in blue and tipped with a crawler...i have also trolled very slow in deeper water just off the drop off's using a gold double blade worm harness..worked for me..the trick is to troll very slowly if you have to, troll backwards...

Guest steel'n'esox

Low lite hours cast huskies and rouges around green weed clumps, after daylite switch to jigs both curlytails and bucktails, dont overlook tubes as well, also check out current areas either made by dams rivers or wind induced, good starting point would be 4 to 8 feet. Get a good map and start scouting spots at home, you will eliminate alot of water that way, try to pick likely spots close together, to avoid running all over the lake especially if hoursepower is limited, you cant catch fish if your not fishn