Help! Lake Rosseau

selcram

Hello everyone!! I'm very excited! This is my first post although I've been browsing the forums for a few months. I Was wondering if I could get some input before I head out this weekend! Thinking of heading to Lake Rosseau for Pike, Pickerel and Lakers since Joseph is closed until Feb 15.

Also since I've never been there, does anyone know a good place to park and walk on? I don't want to harp in on anyone's honey pot, just need some direction! :angel:

Thanks!!

Which side of the lake are you on ?

Theres a few access points near Windermere, its a little more tricky to get on by the west shore ... but you can prbably get on at Wallaces near Minett (assuming hes got ice) ... be really careful out there ... there are a number of places where there is always current between lake Rosseau and Lake Joe ... these areas are NOT SAFE even if it looks safe .... the ice could easily go from a foot down to an inch in a matter of yards ... best thing to do is stop in at Bait on the lake (in Glen Orchard) and get some directions .. they are very helpful and knowledgeable

Let us know how you do.

Thanks for the advice!! Especially on the ice conditions. Big fear of mine but have safety gear. We'll make sure to stop by the bait shop like you suggested once we get up. Good luck to you if you're going out.. going to be a cold one!!

I'm looking forward to posting the weekend results! ( wink! - there's positive thinking )

Guest skeeter99

you can access the lake in skeleton bay about 3 minutes from windemere, loads of parking, this is one of the few public access points, go right out from skeleton bay and you will see a small lighthouse(more light lighted marker) fish on the east side ie. towards the center of the lake you will get the accasional walleye but the trout are in the area

good luck