Orangeville Reservoir / Island Lake Conservation

MSBruno

Used to rent boat with small electric motor and fish there with some mediocre luck many years ago, mainly hammer handles and small bass. Weeds were a huge issue mid summer and on.

People having luck there lately? Any tips and tricks? Married now and want to take the wifey out, but don't want to get skunked.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, I live there and pretty much same as u said. lots of small pike a few maybe 5 pounds at the biggest. Some decent bass tho, most were gone after pike were introduced into the lake but this winter tons were caught through the ice oddly so that will probably be decent again this summer.

This place used to be loaded with Big Bass :D , not sure how it is now. My g/f and i got 74 Bass in one day and had another 30 hit our topwaters/plastics that we missed, and had many days with 30 to 50 fish. Personel best at this place being 6.5lbs. Try using plastics, jigs and top waters. One thing though before u come in switch up those jigs/plastics on the rods that u hit the fish on.

We would be using a plastic, fishing Texis rig and the next week we came alot of the employees working there would have the exact same thing on there rods. :angry: Just a heads up.

Once u start hitting Bass in the weeds try keep an eye on the type you r fishing and locate more on the lake the same and u will hit more fish.