Lake Joseph Ice

farsider

My buddies and I are talking about our last ice fishing trip for the year to Lake Joseph for Sunday. Probably Foot's Bay or CNIB.

I was wondering if anyone has been lately?

What's the ice like? The Fishing?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Mark

I went out with a few friends out of foot's bay last weekend. We fished two areas both had around 16 inches or so but only the bottom 6-8 inches looked nice and black. The areas of open water around peoples docks was getting very large. We caught ots of trout but they were all tiny none over a pound and a half.

we were at joseph last weekend and the ice from locals has been losing a couple of inches a day from sun and warm weather and the rain, ther was open water in different spots was leary about having atv out their , talking to a couple of locals they thought last weekend would be the last safe weekend to be on it , where ever a cottage had a bubbler the open water was 2 -3 times further away than 2 weeks previoss

I was at Appian Way on Monday ... snuck out ... the ice was about 16" ... and was making new ice all day ... it was about -7 at that time ... no open water at the shoreline except near the bubblers ... be careful out there ...and wear your creeper .. it was like a skating rink out there

(by the way .. no hits all day .. came home aroud 3pm cause ... I got too cold :)