Question about the notty

bill smy

Hey all, you may remember me, I joined about a month ago. I recently tried the notty with no luck. The conditions seemed great and the water was perfect. I am just wondering what you guys usually catch steels with. I mainly use roe or pink worms. The eggs i got at a gas station was crap and had too much stylofome balls and only 3 eggs. Anyways, thanks. Bill

I learned on that river :D:D. notty requires a lot of skill and devotion spring is not always the best time to be on the notty she gets down right dirty. bigger roe bags hand tied under a float or bounced on bottom 4 inch pink worms are also good. look for something that looks like it would interfere with the migration of these fish and fish with that vicinity. the notty is a huge river and for the most part nothing to stop the fish from pushing through they blast through and you wouldn't even know. find rapids or fallen logs are your best bet. good luck.

The good ol' Notty. Definatly a tough river to fish in the spring unless you have put in some hours.

The river is loaded with fish, but finding them is the tough part. Right now the water is high but the clairity isnt all that bad so to speak for the Notty. Bright colours and slightly larger roe bags work well in the spring. Air injected whole dew worms are deadly, they find em even in the murkey water. Pink worms also work well.

The river is a tough read, it looks deep but generally isnt. There are many hidden pockets where logs and large rocks on the bottom wash away the sand in the current. When you find these type of places you find fish. Or as also suggest look for visual variations in structure and fish there.

Almost forgot, spinners and spoons can be deadly casting from shore.

Edited by troutguy