2007 Trip

jtuffedge

February 1st is one of my favorite days of the year. It's the day we start "recruiting" friends here in Texas for our annual fishing trip to NW Ontario. We travel up your way at the end of August usually with a crew of about 10 and enjoy fly in trips. The last 3 years we have gone to Nielsen's on Rowan Lake and would recomment it highly, but are looking for a new adventure this year.

Can anyone tell me about Trout Lake near Red Lake and Ear Falls? We are thinking about going to Cat Island Lodge for about a week starting August 24th.

Any information about the fishing or resort is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jtuffedge

Ps...the global warming is killing us down here. Highs in the 30's all last week and this week!!! 1/1000" of ice and school was cancelled for 2 days.

Don't know much about Cat Island lodge, but my crew is going to Booi's Lodge on the same lake in July. I see you are new to the board, but you should figger out how to send a personal message, and address it to one of the members who calls himself Tennessee Guy. He is very familiar with the area and may be able to share some experiences with you about your lodge.

Good Luck, and send pictures!

You'll like Trout Lake.

Texas?? Three guys from Houston spend a week fishing with me every year. The dad is pretty good. The 13 year old son is great on the water and his 7 year old brother is becoming best in their family. The boys catch lots of walleyes and they've each caught several trophy pike.