Holland river crappi fish"n"

codered

Hey guys

I moved to the holland river area last fall and am watching In anticipation as the ice melts

for some soft water fishing.

With little reserch, I have read that crappies are at there best in the rivers as soon as the ice is melted..

Any information would be apreciated having never targeted these slabbs before.

I have a 12' aluminum and motor and have easy acces to bradford or holland landing .

thx again guys .

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30012

that is where I was fishing...it was dead on Saturday but could pick up any time now

any type of structure is good to fish docks, bridge, trees, boats all can hold fish

it is a matter of moving around and finding them

you can go where the crowds are

if you fish under the bridge bring a rope to tie off with

and if you have a "C clamp" it works great to hook on to the girders

A few small ones where caught from shore yesterday close to where Terry took those pics. If the pump on the east side is running I would suggest to use a boat near the over hanging/submerged trees and definatley around and under the bridge. I would use a 1/64 jig head and a white or minnow colour tube under a very sensetive float. This time of the year they shy bite, watch you float for any movement. I noticed sometimes that the float doesn't go down on a take, instead the float moves sideways. Hope this help, these are some tips that Ive been useing for the past 14 years fishing that river. Oh ya, the pike like to come in there around the same time the crappie run, it's fun landing them on 2# test though.