Angliers - Quebec

Dan668

Might be going there in april and may. Its in zone 13. So im thinking part or near the timiskaming system. Anyone fish this area? I know that it has pike and walleye. I think bass to.

Edited by danbob

I wish I could help you Dan but I'm in zone 10.... It's quite some ways from where I live but you must be aware that trout opens April 24, pike & walleye may 15 and bass jun 26

That's the general dates of the zone.... there are exception to certain bodies of water and here is the link to QMNR regulations

http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en...ne-13-ouest.asp

Hope you have a great time.... good luck :Gonefishing::canadian:

Leechman

going april 10th and may long weekend.

correct me if im wrong but isnt bass and pike also open from april 1st to 15?

thanks

Yes it is but don't ask me why cause I :dunno: and I'm sorry, here's the English version

The zone is separated into 2, 13 west and 13 east.... her is the west link

http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/publica...one-13-west.asp

and the east

http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/publica...one-13-east.asp

Jacques

hopefully something is open. lots of fast water. If not in may it is. I believe that is one of the lakes. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Mind you id be fishing from shore. Probably could go out for a day on the boat though.

any tips of what to use? Havent fished this early in the spring.

That early in spring, season is close in zone 10 also.... but for walleyes I usually jig for them and tip the jig with a live leech.... that is if you can buy them that early. You can always substitute leech for dew worms or if you are allowed, minnows, dead or alive....

Mind you id be fishing from shore....

You can also toss crank baits like BigO's in white or chartreuse, spinnerbaits or spoons. With the water being cold at that time of year, don't know what would be effective

Hope this helps and good luck to ya!!

Leechman

If you are on Lac des Quinze then trolling harnesses have been the ticket for a few years now.....I don't have any spots for shore fishing but if you get a boat then head to Point Carniel and start trolling around that point.....right across from that point there is small island, watch for rocks and get to the head of the island, there you can jig with dead minnows (no live bait unless worms) and some plastics.....if you are not hitting there go to the side that Point Carniel is on and troll back towards Angliers.....stay close to shore the whole way and follow the land back going from 6' to 15" of water.....you should be able to take a limit this way as well.....there is also a little bay that is not too far from the Point Carniel going towards Remigny.....lots of pike in there....I usually sit at the mouth of the bay and chuck spoons and crank baits into the entrance.....got a nice 14# there 2 years ago!!!!

There might be some shore spots closer to Remigny.....I know there is a walleye sanctuary there, it's one of the biggest spawning beds for walleye in the area.....there just might be some good spots just passed there for shore fishing but have never tried.....the cottage that I stay is on Point Carniel so we never have to go that far for supper!!!!

I always go into the bars and have a couple beers and talk to the locals.....I have found that the locals are very friendly and will help out anyone that asks....they might have some spots they will take you too as well.....here is a map of the lake......get in touch if you have more questions!!!

Chrispy!

Lac_des_Quinze.gif