Going to Algonquin Park Tomorrow

profisher25

I am going to Algonquin Park for a day trip tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone knew any small rivers that are possibly open for fishing? :dunno: I plan on staying mainly on HWY 60, so I was wondering if there are any places to possibly catch perch / panfish, or channel cats in any rivers?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

Well I planned on going on a few trails along HWY 60, I looked at the 08 / 09 regs, and it states that in zone 15 (Algonquin Park) perch, crappie, channel cats are opened al year. Then again, there may be some exceptions to certain rivers and lakes in the park. Oh well, guess I'll stick to wild life viewing! Hopefully I can get another picture / video footage of the parks moose! Last year, I watched, and videotaped sever deer, and two cow moose! :)

Most places will be locked up in ice still. Out side of the park is your only option, and that is gonna be icy at best. However a walk at Ragged Falls is always awesome this time of year. Might be able to get a cast in their as well. The park is on the North Side of the road just past Oxtongue lake a ways before you even reach the park. Check it n a map. Really impressive water fall.

-Dave