Badly oxidized boat help needed here

Guest buick14

Guest buick14

I have a boat, its metalflake, and it is badly oxidized............I have read on the net that its savable if you run water over it and the shine comes back, which it does..its frustrating actually....when I wet it, it looks BRAND NEW

anyways, I have washed a little area and waxed it about 3 times to see if that would do it, but NO, NO it doesnt....

So what I am asking here is, does anybody know a good place or somebody who will do work needed to bring this thing back to life for a good price? I believe it needs to be "buffed" with an automotive buffing compound and possibly"wet-sanded"

I know nothing about this stuff, all I know is me and a buffer will burn the crap out of it and I do not trust myself...

I know there are several other things out there like apply on type clearcoat surfaces, but those chip/flake/fade away and need to be repeated every year Ive heard...

So a good buff, possible wet sand

anybody know anyone?

thank you!

Im located in Etobicoke

Meguires makes a 3 step restorer for boats ,runs about 40 bucks ,I used it on a Panther Speedboat I bought a few seasons back,it was almost like chalk and it brought the metalflake back to a awesome shine,I wouldent Wet sand unless it was a last resource as you can peel thru the clear if your not carefull

Try an automotive polishing (not the rubbing compound) compound by hand, if that doesn't do it try the rubbing compound, also by hand.

You can use the buffer after the compound when you wax it.

Rubbing your boat out by hand will build up your Kung Fu skills!!!... wax on... wax off! B)

Don't pay someone!!!! it's easy to do,get you some marine buffing compound (3m or Meguires is good) and a buffer (trust me you can do it lol),just keep it at a slow speed and don't press too hard in one spot so you don't burn the gel,as said wet sanding is a last resort.Watch for the metal flake to change color while buffing,that means you gone through the clear into the gel,stop buffing that area.