N00bie

RuNnYoOzE

i'm sure you're starting to figure out this internet fishing forum thing pretty quick with the posts from this thread... people don't give away their spots (like i said), and by no means was i trying to be rude about that... it's just the way it is... wait until the steelhead reports start coming in, you'll see all kinds of blurred pictures to "mask" the backgrounds... Seriously!!!

shore spots are hard to come by, and when you find a good one, you keep it to yourself, and if you do share, you have to choose who you share it with WISELY!!! i'm sure everyone here has boasted about a good spot at some point in their "fishing career" and come back to that spot a week later to find everybody and their mother fishing the hole that they found... it sucks!!! finding those spots is what makes everything worth while! that is what fishing is all about... put in the time and you will get rewarded... learn the body of water that you are fishing (topographical maps are a HUGE benefit - as long as you know what you're looking for), learn about what types of fish prefer what type of structure... learn about the feeding habits of those fish in that particular body of water (what they are feeding on)... ask locals (or local tackle shops - but keep in mind they are trying to make a buck off of you by selling their stock) about what is working for what species of fish... and ask locals where they are fishing, you may get lucky, some people don't care if they give away their spots... tackle shops are usually pretty informed about where fish are being caught... seriously, just learn as much as you can, and the best way of doing that is going out and experimenting with different locations and different presentations!!!!! AND have fun doing it... it will mean a few "skunkings" but it happens to the best of us...

I can't wait to see some posts from you saying that you found a great spot on the Niagara somewhere that nobady else fishes... trust me it is the most rewarding thing in fishing - when you find a spot that is completely untouched and you are just hammering fish there... then you'll understand why shore spots are so protected!

GOOD LUCK!!!!! and have FUN!!!!!

Thanks alot I am currently exploring some topography maps and locations from Tournaments sites and I just can't wait to land some beauties.. I live by the grand river and there are 100's of streams and lakes just calling my name.......I will defiantely share any fishing stories and take my choice shore spots to my grave!