Tropy mounts

hookerdown

I know with all the people on the board there must be some great mounts of trophies caught during many hunting and fishing trips. So this is your opportunity to gloat and share your sucess.

Post the pics of your mounts, the good, the bad and the ugly. And lets hear some of the stories behind them.

Here are mine at least some of them...I'm in the middle of renos so don't mind the clutter These are on display in my basement Bar.

Blue Flame Trout.... Rainbow.....Antique Speck......Old Pike&Bass on a Driftwood.... 50" Muskie ..Antique Speck #2 and Ptarmigan.........2 Flickers Oh and there's Artie My Bar Mascot he's an Alberta Antelope.

52 inch musky...ventured behind the island across the lake from my trailer, I just stopped the boat, took a cast while my brother and brother-in-law where still setting up thier lines. First cast blammo...I hooked into a fish I knew was a big one!!!

I got a look at the fish and much to my surpize it was a big musky, I had it hooked on my med action 7 footer rod with 8lb test and no leader. On a spinner bait-black/yellow skirt-willow/colrado blade combo with a 6 inch white twiter for a trailer.

The fish started to pull the boat close the island into fairly shallow water, my brother says he should start up the boat and move us a bit...I yelled no way!!!! :huh: if you start the motor that fish will freeak out and be gone like a rocket...he asks what he should do then..I say, there are 2 of you, grab a paddle each and move the boat :lol:

We finally get the thing in the boat, it is huge, I make the quick choice of possibly keeping it for a mount or not, my brother says he will go halves, I say ya, but I gotta see if I can afford the other half when we get back to camp :lol: The fish only fit half way into my livewell ( I have pics but not on digital, will scan when I find them and add to post) We are gunning it back to camp while my brother-in-law has his foot on the livewell lid because half the fish is still hanging out of it!

We boot back in to camp as I am yelling...GET THE CAMERA!!!!...

there came about 15 people over to my camp site to check it out, everyone got a decent thrill of the big one I caught..my neighbour came over with a nice cold beer for me, i chugged it, then off to the taxidermist I went.

Was pretty exciting, at the time-2003, that was my biggest musky to date...it is my one and only trophy I will keep! since then I have caught a couple bigger, but that is the only one I will sacrifice for the wall :Gonefishing:

musky_002.jpg

musky_001.jpg

musky_001.jpg

This is my smallie replica. Story behind it wasn't to exciting. My buddy bought a boat in 2003, so we decided to take it out to rice lake and hit some islands. Back then I had 100's of buzzbaits but never used them. So we get to the spot and I decided to us one, first cast this smallie hits the bait like a tank. Great fight and probably one of my favorite fights for bass. The buzzbait pictured is the I caught it on.

100_1662.jpg

Guest skeeter99
52 inch musky...ventured behind the island across the lake from my trailer, I just stopped the boat, took a cast while my brother and brother-in-law where still setting up thier lines. First cast blammo...I hooked into a fish I knew was a big one!!!

I got a look at the fish and much to my surpize it was a big musky, I had it hooked on my med action 7 footer rod with 8lb test and no leader. On a spinner bait-black/yellow skirt-willow/colrado blade combo with a 6 inch white twiter for a trailer.

The fish started to pull the boat close the island into fairly shallow water, my brother says he should start up the boat and move us a bit...I yelled no way!!!! :huh: if you start the motor that fish will freeak out and be gone like a rocket...he asks what he should do then..I say, there are 2 of you, grab a paddle each and move the boat :lol:

We finally get the thing in the boat, it is huge, I make the quick choice of possibly keeping it for a mount or not, my brother says he will go halves, I say ya, but I gotta see if I can afford the other half when we get back to camp :lol: The fish only fit half way into my livewell ( I have pics but not on digital, will scan when I find them and add to post) We are gunning it back to camp while my brother-in-law has his foot on the livewell lid because half the fish is still hanging out of it!

We boot back in to camp as I am yelling...GET THE CAMERA!!!!...

there came about 15 people over to my camp site to check it out, everyone got a decent thrill of the big one I caught..my neighbour came over with a nice cold beer for me, i chugged it, then off to the taxidermist I went.

Was pretty exciting, at the time-2003, that was my biggest musky to date...it is my one and only trophy I will keep! since then I have caught a couple bigger, but that is the only one I will sacrifice for the wall :Gonefishing:

no offence

but that mount does that fish no justice, does not even look like the fish in the picture

and again I am not trying to get you upset or nothing

no offence

but that mount does that fish no justice, does not even look like the fish in the picture

and again I am not trying to get you upset or nothing

The Fish in the pic is way fatter!!!!! no offence but the mount has the body type of a baracuda that pic is a beautiful speciman long and fat!!! well done!!!

The Fish in the pic is way fatter!!!!! no offence but the mount has the body type of a baracuda that pic is a beautiful speciman long and fat!!! well done!!!

I was there when he cut the fish open so we could see what was in it's stomach..it was a 15 1/2 inch bullhead