Northstar Boat Insurance

moemoe

One of the booths for the spring fishing show was Northstar Marine Boat Insurance in Barrie, the prices are very competitive and the coverage seems very good as well, with agreed or replacement cost versus depreciation value. I was wondering if anyone had any dealings with them? good or bad, I am currently with State Farm, and they are offering a pollciy with similar coverage for a couple hundred cheaper. They advertise as marine only and was hoping for some opinions, Thanks Moe

Never heard of them until the show. Best bet is to just call them up and tell them exactly what you want, similar to your State Farm policy now and then compare. Make sure you ask questions if unsure and read the fine print on any brochure or policy....

Dirk.

• 10 months later...

So after a year with northstar, I got an addenum in the mail, outlining that now they will cover me for a distance of greater than 300 miles from my home? I said pardon? I guess that means the month or so I spent at the cottage in manitoulin last year, I wasn't covered, goes to show you REALLY have to read the fine print