New Camera...

Gerritt

Well I picked up a new Digital SLR type camera... and am wondering if there are any really cool features I can perform with it...

It is a Fuji S1000FD .. I realize this camera is not top shelf.. but it is a HUGE upgrade to what I had before... http://www.fujifilm.ca/x16201.xml <--- the specs...

Right now I have been taking shots of the pup and a few scenery shots...

Here are a couple.. (Hunter is 6 mths old now!)

DSCF0031-1.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

Soooo I guess I am looking for a bit of guidance on how to get the most from the camera... IE.. fast moving objects etc...

We have a ton of hawks and owls in our area.. (Wooded) and I would love to shoot them... seems they turn out blurry though... :(

Thank you everyone for you're replies!

Gerritt.

Hi Gerritt:

I switched to Fuji recently as well. I got the S2000HD, which is more of a newer & slightly-improved version of the S1000HD. I'm quite happy with mine. For action shots of fast-moving objects, try shooting in the 'burst' mode. If I'm not mistaken the 1000HD shoots 6 or 7 fps. Also, you should try operating the camera in manual mode, & increase the shutter speed a couple stops faster than it would set in auto mode, and a higher ISO rating (around 400 should cover most of your needs, unless you're shooting in low light). Another excellent feature in this camera is the macro. If you decide to do some creative macro photography, you will love this camera twice over! Happy shooting!

Os

• 1 month later...

I got one of those for my son at Christmas a year ago, then borrowed it to take to Mexico. Shot about 800 pics down there and after seeing them, three other people went out and bought the same camera. It's much nicer to use than my $500 Canon, better optical zoom etc.

It's the easiest learning curve I've seen on a camera. I didn't have a manual with me in Mexico so I just played around and learned to do lotsa great things by trial and error. My brother has now stopped using his rather expensive digital Panasonic in favour of the Fuji, and he's kinda anal about the shots he gets. He uses them for covers on music cd's he produces. My fishing buddy Rob bought one to shoot his art for posting to the net and for collecting nature scenes. He's the original luddite but even he figgered out how to use the camera. His laptop, email and the internet still have him perplexed though. He's lucky to get his car started some days but he can sure take pics with that camera.

JF