Pickering Fishing show

Cudz

Back in the late 80s I used to go to a fishing show in Pickering (I think). It was held before the sportsman show but as far as I can remember it was good.

I don't know when it stopped or what happeded because I went to university and had no money to spend on fishing and then after that I lived outside of Canada for about 11 years. When I moved back in 2005 i didn't see any fishing show advertised in Pickering.

What happened to the show? I can remember it being well attended.

Yes, I remember that show too.. It was held at the old location of the Pickering Flea market, now Sam's Club off of Brock Road... They used to be great shows.. My guess it's the same one on now at the International Ctr which is a load of garbage...

Tiz

I think there was actually a couple of different shows there. The first time I went it was actually a pretty good show, it oocupied the entire building. I went back a few years later and they were sharing the building with the flea market. They only occupied a small section of the building and it was a waste of time. The building where they were held is no longer there.

I think that Andy Pallotta was the organizers of one of the shows there. He is now running the show at the International Centre.

It was nice having a show in the east end, but I think three shows a year in Toronto is a bit much. I think that we might be better off with one than two.